Kurt Zimmerman - The Horn's Dylan
You may know this already. In case you don't, Bob Dylan's real name/original name/birth name isn't Bob Dylan. It's Robert Zimmerman. And the former Mr. Zimmerman changed the music world with his lyrics, his style, his willingness to be different. Your YouChoose Band has its own Dylan. His name is Kurt Zimmerman. And he plays trumpet. If you want, you can call him Kurt Dylan. Or just Dylan. He won't answer to it. He may smile just the same.
"Well," you start to say before finishing, "what does your 'Dylan' do?"
Oh, let us tell you. He changes the world. Or at least, our Dylan - Kurt Zimmernan - has changed our world. As a member of The Hanover Horns, Kurt, Christian Orrico and Russell Ford have flipped your YouChoose Band from being a typical, neighborhood cover band to becoming superheroes in the world of effective charitable fundraising. "What on Earth does that mean?" you question, scratching your armpit because you haven't bathed in up to 4 hours. It means our Dylan, and The Hanover Horns, have made us not just be a better band, but want to be a better band.
Enough about us. What about Kurt? Here's some special biographical information on the child:
Name: Kurt Zimmerman
Main instrument: Trumpet
Secondary instruments: Any (not well anymore, though)
Current home town: Rockaway Township, NJ
Day job: Director of Bands, Westwood Middle School
How long been playing: 36 years
Favorite style(s) of music: Classical, Classic Rock, Showtunes, Crooners, Film Soundtracks, Any
Schooling: "Bill on the Hill" William Paterson University
Bands/groups of note? Hanover Wind Symphony, HULEX (Huey Lewis and Chicago tribute band)
As of this writing, Kurt and his fine wife, Danielle, are expecting their first child in the summer of '12. Kurt Dylan (Don't you think a cool stage name would be Kurtis Dylan? We do.) is also a HUGE (he said to put in the caps) Yankees fan (ed. note: Let's go Mets!), a motorcyclist, and member of the NRA.
Look at the video below as Kurtis Dylan (your very own Kurt Zimmerman) and The Hanover Horns rock your world to little pieces with "Our House" by Madness.
- Music Blog
- Your YouChoose Band Mission Statement
- Your All-Time YouChoose Song List
- Dave Philp - C.O.G. & Skins
- John Reynolds - Guitar Man
- Bob DeMaio - Maestro Of The Guitarro
- Stephen Stetler - Doctorate In Life But A PhD In Bass
- Paul DiGiorgio - The Key-Man
- Scott Roberts - Golden Throat
- Michael Sherman - The Five-Armed Keyboard Lord
- Paul Stetler - That Boy Can Sing!
- Tom Fulgenzi - Shotgun Guitar
- Russell Ford - Need A Phone? Call This Saxophone
- Jill Schuler - The Voice
- Steve Lanni - Artiste of Sound, Builder of Aural Dreams
- Christian Orrico - Brass In Pocket
- Kurt Zimmerman - The Horn's Dylan
- Sponsor Us
- Why Sponsor? Get Your Original Commercial Performed Live!
- Tree Tavern Pizza: See What We Can Do For You!
- Sponsorship Testimonials
- And Now, A Word From Our YouChoose Sponsors
- Sponsorships: What's In It For You?
- The Awesome Three-Event Sponsorship
- The Create-Your-Own Sponsorship
- The Small Business Special
- Your YouChoose Virtual Mall
- Cool Sponsorship Example: Dr. Rex Ghassemi
- Your YouChoose Sponsor Hall Of Fame
- Sing With Us!
- YouChoose On YouTube
- Hanging Out W/ D+D
What Is YouChoose Music?
YouChoose Spotlight Video
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign up for the semi-awesome YouChoose newsletter (really a semi-regular, totally awesome email blast). Just click CONTACT and you'll instantly be added to our list. How cool is that? Quite.